Directory Of Section 12J Companies - nReach one
|COMPANY NAME||nReach one|
|NUMBER OF SARS APPROVED SECTION 12J FUNDS||
|ABOUT||Our “Balanced Fund” construction of our 12J, offers investors the ability to construct their own portfolio by choosing the level of exposure to the following “asset classes” :
(i) High capital growth (conventional private equity projects)
(ii) Capital preservation (capital growth from property backed investments and small dividends), and
(iii) Capital protection (high dividends from asset rental assets)
The most important points for consideration when we make investments into underlying companies, are:
(i) quality of the owner/management team,
(ii) ability of the asset to scale
(iii) and the ability to exit well.
Q&A With nReach one
Let's hear a little more about the company, some history, where you are now, and what you see for the future?
Our 12J originated from a true “Private Equity” background. One of our founders, started Concilium with partners and sold it to Musa Capital. Then together they built a diversified food portfolio through organic growth and acquisition to a size of $100 mn revenue. A stake was sold to the Public Investment Corporation (PIC) in late 2015. In 2016 nReach was founded, initially as a SME focused, high impact high return private equity business. This was followed by the registration of the fund as a full-fledged 12J
What type of investor should invest in your funds?
High net worth individuals seeking an alternative asset class to their investment portfolio
Corporate South Africa, BEE Spend
What sets you apart from other venture capital companies?
- An industry pioneering balanced 12J fund
- A team that has huge experience in picking the ‘right jockey and business’ (collectively: +30 years in private equity and asset management, +30 acquisition events, +20 liquidity/exit events, +R4,5 billion AUM)
- With ‘skin in the game’ – 2% to 3% own capital in fund
- A hurdle rate of 6% p.a. based on capital invested.
- Market related 2% annual : 20% performance fees – above hurdle rate of 6%
- Market leading sharing in fees
- Lastly, we have a unique model to let a company investor gain BEE points from a 12J investment
What are your fees?
Initial/Raising Fee : Charged to the investor = 2%
Management Fee : Not charged to the investor, but to the underlying investee company = 2% per annum on capital injected
Performance Fee : Charged to the investor and after a 6% IRR hurdle rate has been achieved = 20% of gain on committed capital
<< Back To Directory >>